Advanced Training Program Purpose and information:
The Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management program is designed to provide advanced training and resources whereby Master Gardeners can obtain specialization in areas that support or expand designated educational programs of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services.
To become a certified Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management, Master Gardeners are required to attend the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management to fulfill training requirements and subsequently meet service requirements described below. This
certification does not empower the individual with supervisory or administrative authority within her/his local county programs.
Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management training will be comprised of high-quality training including basic hobby materials, supplies and equipment; hoop houses; potting techniques and fertilization.
To be eligible for the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management, an individual must possess an up-to-date Master Gardener certification, or be an employee of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. Master Gardener applicants must be approved by their local County Extension Agent.
Position Description and Service Requirements:
Service requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Attending the Greenhouse Management advanced training
• Volunteering 20 hours above and beyond the county’s current volunteer obligation.
• Serving as a local Master Gardener Greenhouse Management Advanced Training resource in the Extension program
• Assisting in educating Master Gardeners, interns, and the public in greenhouse management
• Increasing client awareness of greenhouse management through presentations, training, and mass media efforts (i.e. radio, newspaper, social media, television, and newsletters)
• Submitting a completed Greenhouse Management Advanced Training Volunteer Report Form as
• Optional: Submit TMGA reimbursement paperwork
Advanced Training recognition and certification:
Upon completion of the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management service requirements, the Master Gardener will be awarded a Master Gardener Advanced Training certificate and lapel pin.
Resources available to the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Greenhouse Management:
• Greenhouse Management advanced training and networking with presenters
• Educational materials on Greenhouse Management
• Direct access to the Texas A&M Extension Services County Extension Agent – Horticulture