Advanced Training Program Purpose:
To provide advanced training whereby Master Gardeners can obtain specialization in areas that support or expand designated educational programs of Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation:
To provide advanced training, the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation was created as a hands-on, intensive multi-day training that will empower Master Gardeners with knowledge and skills required to effectively support and multiply Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services efforts in educational programs.
This Advanced Training gives teaches a variety of propagation techniques including seeds, air layering, stem cutting, soft and semi hardwood cuttings, root cutting, bulb chipping, division, simple layering and tree grafting.
Master Gardeners who fulfill specified training and volunteer requirements will be recognized as an Advanced Trained Master Gardener in the specific field of Plant Propagation. This certification does not empower the individual with supervisory or administrative authority within his/her local county programs.
To be eligible for the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation, an individual must possess an up-to-date Master Gardener certification, or be an employee of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services. Master Gardener applicants must be approved by their local County Extension Agent.
The Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation is charged to increase awareness and provide training in Plant Propagation.
Service requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Attend the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation
• Volunteering 20 hours above and beyond the county’s current volunteer obligation within one year. Texas A&M AgriLife Extension will provide several service options.
• Serve as a local Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation resource in the Extension program for a minimum of one year
• Submitting a completed Propagation Advanced Training Volunteer Report Form as directed
• Optional: Submit TMGA reimbursement paperwork
Advanced Training Recognition and Certification:
Upon completion of the Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation service requirements, the Master Gardener will be awarded a Master Gardener Advanced Training certificate and lapel pin.
Resources Available to Master Gardener Advanced Training: Plant Propagation:
• Plant Propagation training and networking with presenters
• Educational materials on Plant Propagation
• Direct access to Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, County Extension Agent – Horticulture